One thing I love about Christmas is gifts – planning, buying, giving, receiving. It’s all fun for me! Which is why participating in Secret Santa exchanges is perfect for me! This year I participated in two different ones and want to share with you what my amazing Secret Santas sent to me!
The Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa
The Broke and the Bookish has an annual tradition of hosting a Secret Santa swap for bloggers. This is the third year I’ve participated and lemme tell you: it’s so much fun! I’m not sure what my favorite part is, searching for gifts for my pal, getting gifts or getting to know new bloggers. It’s just a blast all around!
1) Christmas Mug – I love this mug and how cute it is. Kinda quirky and all sorts of fun!
2) Mug cozie – This was wrapped around the Christmas mug and I’m gonna lie, I might have squeed a little when I saw it. I have been eyeballing these things for weeks and think they are absolutely adorable.
3) Gigantic paper clips/book mark – These are so funky fun!
4) Pens – I do love a good pen and these look like they’ll be great for writing all my lists!
5) Pink notebook – I don’t think you can tell from the picture, but it says “Just one kiss” and then something else… sorry I didn’t investigate it further before writing this post!
6) Green notebook – This has a little gold hedgehog on it and omg so cute! I’m excited about both these notebooks as I can always use more of them!
7) Ruin and Rising – I’ve been NEEDING to read this one and now I have no excuse not to!
8) Ellen’s book – Never would have picked this up myself (although I don’t know why; I love Ellen!) but judging from just the back cover (where she gives her readers ultimate praise – seriously it’s adorable!) I just know I’m going to love it!
This is the third year my SC gals and I have played Secret Santa. I think we all agree that picking out gifts for one another is so much fun! I had a super fun time picking out stuff for my secret pal and getting to know her better through her likes and shopping for her! I actually received a text from her last night that made me tear up… don’t want to reveal who she is before she reveals that she got what I sent her, but honestly, I think getting her text was my favorite part of our Secret Santa swap!
My SC Secret Santa was Sandie from Teen Lit Rocks. There were quite a few squeals when I opened all my gifts!
1) Movies – Love me some movies! She sent The Host (yes!), Endless Love, and… er… I forgot the name of this one. I hadn’t heard of it, but it sounded very cute.
2) Disney picture bookmark – Very cute! I love that I can put my own pictures in it. Perhaps Peeta?
3) Purple infinity scarf – You can’t see it very well in the picture, but this is a giant eggplant colored infinity scarf that is my new favorite accessory. Seriously, I’ve worn it twice since getting it last Wednesday and it’s now part of my Christmas party outfit. 🙂
4) Lizzie Bennet! – This brought out all the squeels because I honestly have been wanting to read this book for ages. As you can see, I’ve already started it.
5) Compulsion – Sandie sent me this knowing I love a good Southern gothic book; little did she know that this one has been on my TBR list for quite a while! Can’t wait to dive in!
6) Artwork – Isn’t this adorable?! I want to frame it and put it up in my office!
7) Vera Bradley stationary – I love me some stationary! Seriously, my stationary drawer in my desk is overflowing. This is actually a really fun pattern (you can see it better on the back) that I really like!
Merry Christmas and thanks Secret Santas!