Official word count: 20, 853
I started with just over 14,000 words, so I’ve written what? About 6,000? I’ve really been going strong, writing every day, meeting (and exceeding) daily word count goals. My plot has strengthened, I’m learning new things about ALL my characters, and finally getting to the point where I’m EXCITED about this story. I even mentally wrote a kick-ass beginning to a summary.
And then this past weekend hit. The weekend of doom and gloom as I like to call it.
I’m not sure WHAT happened. Maybe it’s because I didn’t go to Shabbat on Friday night. Maybe it’s because the weather was tornado-y goodness. Maybe I had a tiny touch of the mean reds. Maybe it was because Game of Thrones was on all weekend and seriously that show makes me uber depressed.
I knew I should have written this weekend, but I really a) didn’t feel like it and b) try not to write when I’m feeling like poo. Because then I start writing emo characters who like bad poetry.
So let’s move on from that and get down to what I’m
struggling with working on:
- I have no clue why my two MCs should fall in love other than because I am the god of this world and I say so.
- Bad guys I want to draw inspiration from: Leck, Joffrey, Maleficent, and Aro.
- Clothing: how much description is too much description
- I have no clue what my MC looks like and are red heads still cool or have they passed their prime?
- WHY DO I KEEP PUTTING SECRET ESCAPE PASSAGES IN EVERY OTHER CHAPTER?!
As you can see, I have quite a good bit to work on. Advice would be appreciated. Encouragement to write is needed.
Let’s hope I hit 30k by the end of this week!