I just came across this challenge hosted by April at Good Books and Good Wine and whaaaaaaa? This is TOTALLY up my alley! So I’m jumping on the participation wagon and playing along!
So, confessions time…
- I DO NOT like loaning favorite books out. For example… if you ask to borrow Twilight, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, or my Narnia books… I probably will not let you borrow them. And if I do, I may or may not check in every so often to ask how they are doing, if you are treating them nicely, if they miss me…
- Anything I can get my hands on will be a bookmark. A note card, a receipt, a gum wrapper, a business card… Even my phone has at some points served as a bookmark.
- I’m addicted to used books and if I enter a used bookstore I will most likely come out with at LEAST 5 new books.
- I don’t actually read 90% of the books I buy.
- If I’m in a reading rut, I pull out an old romance novel, preferably something set in the Regency period, to cleanse my reading palate. There’s something about them that not only pulls me out of my rut but is so nostalgic for me – I grew up reading these books (stole them from my mom).
- While I don’t do this now, I used to go through the library and just pick books that caught my eye. Usually they had either pink, yellow or purple covers. Sure, this sounds like a silly method for choosing books, but I’ve read some really awesome books based on this search method!
- Whenever I’m major dieting I read more than when I’m not major dieting. I find that when I’m reading I don’t want to eat anything like I do if I’m watching TV. I don’t mean skipping meals or starving myself, I just find that I don’t have the desire to snack when I’m reading.
- I read e-galley books at work. ALL. THE. TIME. This is probably the reason I’m not getting promoted anytime soon. haha
- If I push a book at someone and they tell me they didn’t like it or couldn’t get into it, chances are I may hate them a little bit.
- If there isn’t a significant amount of kissing in a book, I find that I don’t like it that much. There are obviously exceptions, but this gal needs the kissing.
- I have a HUGE desire to make stuff out of books – picture frames, boxes, etc. – but can’t stomach the idea of cutting up a book. Like literally it makes my stomach turn to think about cutting up a book, even if it’s something I will never ever read.
- You kill an animal in a book I will immediately cry.
- I own Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children in 3 formats – Hardcover, Paperback, and E-Book.
- I didn’t like Pride and Prejudice all that much.
- I don’t read a good bit of books because EVERYONE is reading them. I personally don’t see the need in reading “this year’s must read!” especially if it’s not something I would even pick up had it not been a “must read.”
This was fun! Can’t wait for tomorrow’s challenge!