First off… I am SOOOO excited about this! After participating in The Cheap Reader’s Project: Fairy Tale, I knew I HAD to participate in her newest endeavor! This one, however, is so much bigger and it’s hosted by several other of my favorite bloggers!
- Alison at The Cheap Reader will be hosting CHILDREN’S CLASSICS
- Alyssa at Books Take You Places will be hosting ANCIENT, MEDIEVAL, AND RENAISSANCE LIT
- Charlene at Bookish Whimsy will be hosting GOTHIC & 19TH CENTURY LIT
- Wendy at Excellent Library will be hosting AMERICAN & MISC LIT
- Brittany at The Book Addict’s Guide will be hosting MYTHOLOGY
I mean, obviously I’m doing Mythology because hello I love mythology. Granted, maybe I should have chosen something else so it would be more of a challenge for me but hello… mythology.
So to challenge myself a little bit, I decided to choose some mythology that actually terrifies me. I’ve read a little bit of mythology in high school and college, but have steered clear of any of the epic poems… mostly because the word “epic” scares the pants off of me!
I chose to read the Illiad, which features two of my favorites Helen and Hector (not together mind you), as well as some godly fun!
In a couple of weeks I’ll be posting about the books and movies that I’m going to be featuring as part of my Classics Retold project. I’ve gotten a few ideas so far, but could use some suggestions if you have any! I can’t WAIT to get started!!!