I’m sure you’ve all felt this way, like you should be doing MORE as a blogger and/or with your blog. But this isn’t one of those posts where I rant about all the things that I don’t have time to do or desire to do. I’m not going to tell you that I’m in a reading slump or a blogging slump. Instead, I’m going to tell you about the things I used to do or wish I did more of as a blogger. Because quite honestly, I miss them!
- Respond to comments – I used to be such a stickler for this and now, I BARELY respond to them. What is wrong with me? This was my favorite part of blogging and even the reason I moved back from using Blogger (I felt I could never respond right on Blogger). So why don’t I?
- Comment on blogs more often – I love it when people comment on mine but I never seem to get chances to comment on others’ blogs. I blame it on work, because that’s easiest, but really, I have time in the day to comment. Maybe it’s not during my 8-5 job time, but in the evenings or on weekends I could EASILY show some blog love!
- Pick a blog look that I love – I’ve changed my blog’s look more times than I care to say. Right now, I LOVE the format, so that’s not changing. But I can’t decide on decor (background, header, etc.). I feel like I’ve given up caring about how it looks, but continuously frown over how it looks. (this is also how I feel about my hair now that we have to wear hairnets in the kitchen at work)
- Chatting on Twitter more – I chat a good bit, but I feel like I don’t interact on there as much as I should. Which leads me to #5
- Developing better blog friendships (hence known as blogships) – I’ve got some great ones, so I’m not saying I don’t; I’m just saying I want to cultivate MORE blogships! Chat on gchat (which I’m totally on and love using (hint, hint), Tweet, email, huzzah!
- Remember when Top Ten Tuesday is – Y’all… this one is a no brainer and yet I constantly forget when TTT is!
- Participate in blog tours, cover reveals, author interviews, etc. – I’ve become a lot more picky about doing these lately, mostly because all the ones I’ve been asked to participate in are either smaller books that don’t interest me or I’ve just been so overwhelmed with everything I don’t want to stretch myself too far. But I would LOVE to participate in these more!
- Make funny pictures – I used to do this ALLLL the time and had some pretty good ones. Here are some of my faves:
So… as you can see… I have a few things I need to work on. I’m not a perfect blogger by any means, but I really feel like I need to get back on track with doing all the things I genuinely used to love about blogging!
Do any of you find yourself not doing these things as often as you wish you could? What do you do to start them back up?
I needs your help!!!